Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Party !!! And Outreach !!!!

Yesterday, from 10am-2pm we went to a small community park in a poor part of West Monroe for a Christmas Outreach. We had 200 fish fillets, 175 presents for the kids, and 75 grocery bags. They were all gone when it was over. Santa (Ronnie) came around 12:45ish and gave presents to the kids. KNOE8 News came and filmed us for a little while. He gave out presents, while me, Dad, Jason, and Austin gave out grocery bags to the parents. We also had a basketball court and a jumper for kids. I had to get in the jumper with Anna, and ended up helping watch with Clay. There was this one really cute little black kid, smaller than a dinner table, probably no more than 3, that got in there. He was mainly crawling around, being pushed about, stepped on, and nearly fell on. He tried to get on the slide and slide down, but he couldn't even reach the handles. I picked him up and put him on there, still holding on to him, because 3 big guys jumped onto it from the jumper and slid down. I finally got him on it, and this guy with a yellow +black shirt jumped on, nearly headbucked him, and rolled over him. It surprised me that the little boy didn't even cry. One time earlier on, Emily, from church was getting onto the slide, and someone else started jumping on it, and it flung her off on her back. She didn't even get hurt. Also, around 10:50ish-11:20ish we went door to door to tell people about the Outreach. Tia, (My aunt; the pastor's wife) didn't even get one door to open for her. Austin, went to a door and had to speak through the door to a riverbend Principal, and then to the lady without a door in front of her. Tia came up and told her what was happening, While Austin stuttered over words. We busted a gut behind him, and when I told him, he was like, "Huh? Why?" That made them laugh even more.

Today is the Christmas Party at church for kids. We have to get there by 9:30, and it goes through 11 I think. We are having our regular lessons, and then Food, food, and more food. Also we will learn about the true meaning of Christmas, play games, inside and out, and just have alot of fun!

Also, after Church, I have to go to my grandmother's, we'll go eat, and then go shopping for unfortunately poor kids and give them gifts for christmas. We started it last year, and I hope the tradition'll last. She got me a Bday present in September, Madden 09 All-Play, so I'm good :D

No comments: